Sunday, November 28, 2010

In My Mailbox 13

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

I got three books from the library today. Two are books I had on hold but were taking forever to come, so I decided to check my neighborhood branch - and voila! There they were!
ChaliceSunshine 
Chalice and Sunshine by Robin McKinley
OK, so my version of Sunshine is the older one, first published as an adult book. The cover featured here is the one released as a YA book. As far as I know, there are no differences in the content, just in the packaging.

And then I looked on the shelf next to Robin McKinley's books, and I saw a book from another great author, Patricia A. McKillip: The Forgotten Beasts of Eld.
The Forgotten Beasts of Eld (Magic Carpet Books)
When I was walking home from the library, I thought - oh, I think I read this one before! But if this is the book I'm thinking I read while I was traveling three years ago, this must be a really great book, because I'm remembering some scenes very vividly! SO I can't wait to re-read it now!

What's in your mailbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment