Sunday, November 14, 2010

In My Mailbox 11

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

 Here's what I picked up this week:





The Inner Circle, by Brad Meltzer. I don;t usually read thrillers, but this sounds good. Thank NetGalley!


I finally got Beautiful Darkness this week. I read Beautiful Creatures a while ago, so I was excited for this, but I'm halfway through and so far somewhat disappointed. I will finish the book, so I'll see what happens.
Looking Backward, by Edward Bellamy. I stumbled across this title as I was doing research on Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court - and I couldn't resist getting a look at what people in 1900 thought 2000 would look like!


These two are part of my research on knights and chivalry in history and in literature. I'm not posting all the books I'm reading for this project, because they're mostly academic, but look at these shiny bright covers! And by the way, you can't really tell from the pictures, but they're big-size books. Look at Knights - so inviting!

So that's it for this week - still working on the hugongous real and virtual piles!

No comments:

Post a Comment