Sunday, December 5, 2010

In My Mailbox 14

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

I got one book from LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program, Writing Horses. It's an ebook, a guide for authors who are using horses in their novels. I started "flipping" through it, and it seems pretty interesting!

I also got a few more books from NetGalley:
Enchanted No More (Luna Books)Here Lies Bridget (Harlequin Teen)PopulazziLost Voices
Enchanted No More, by Robin D. Owens
Here Lies Bridget, by Paige Harbison
Populazzi, by Elise Allen
Lost Voices, by Sarah Porter

This time I made sure to only request books that really interest me, and I was more selective and didn't "binge" request. So these four are really tempting for me, and I can't wait to start them. Lost Voices sounds like it'll be a tear-jerker, Populazzi sounds fun - good mix!

Then, from the library:

ParanormalcyStealing HenryDrawing the OceanA True and Faithful Narrative
Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White. I'd been searching for this at my local (Brooklyn) library, but for some odd reason, they just don't have the book! But I've been reading great reviews for this one, so I went to the New York Public Library and got it. And am I happy I did! I'm in middle of it now, and totally loving it!

Two Carolyn MacCullogh books, which I put on hold after reading her books Once A Witch and Always A Witch:
Stealing Henry
Drawing the Ocean

A book I read a great review of (by an author who claims she's no good at reviews, but whose review was so detailed and specific that I got envious of her style!): A True and Faithful Narrative, by Katherine Sturtevant


And an anthology of fantasy short stories edited by Robin McKinley, which for some reason Amazon doesn't have an image of: Imaginary Lands.

So that's it for this week. We're nearing the end of the semester, and I'm having slightly more time to read now, so hopefully I'll catch up on that huge pile on my shelves - real and virtual - now!

2 comments:

  1. New follower! What an awesome mailbox this week! I'm having a Last Sacrifice Giveaway if your interested. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled you chose Populazzi! And with great company, too. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete