Sunday, November 7, 2010

In My Mailbox 10

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

I was very good this week and didn't add too many more books to my ever-growing pile. Considering that I only read one and a half books this week (outside of schoolwork, that is), it's not all that good, as I still have lots of physical books on my shelf and lots more waiting to be downloaded from NetGalley. So here's what I got:

The Journals of the Jacoby Odyssey, by Rachel M. Daigle
This one I got from FreeEbooks.com.

And from the library:
The Naughty List, by Donna Kauffman, Cynthia Eden, and Susan Fox
My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me, and anthology edited by Kater Bernheimer
The anthology of retold fairy tales was recommended to me by a colleague, and she's been reading the stories and discussing them with everyone, so I'm excited to read it! I'll probably read it in installments, though - it's really thick, and how many fairy tales (depressing ones!) can you read at one time?

So that's it for this week! What did you get?

2 comments:

  1. The fairy tale anthology sounds amazing; I'm going to have to see if I can get it from my library somehow.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, k! Be warned, though - the fairy tales - as hinted at by the title - are pretty gruesome. When my friend was reading this, all of us at work were discussing fairy tales and how in most, the parent figures are the evil ones and do horrible things to the kids. Not the way we use "fairy-tale ending" now!

    ReplyDelete