Sunday, October 24, 2010

In My Mailbox 8

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

I can't help myself. It must be an addiction. I have books and books piled up, waiting to be read, and no time to read them, and yet I continue getting more books! Three of the four books I got from the library are books I had put on hold before I got crazy busy, and one I picked up as I was waiting in line to check out - it looks funny and good. So here they are:

By Jenny Han:
The Summer I Turned Pretty,
which I'm almost done with (why I started the book I got most recently before reading the books that have been on my shelf for weeks is beyond me...)
and
It's Not Summer Without You

 Once a Witch, by Carolyn MacCullough
I got the sequel to this, Always a Witch, as an ebook from the publisher, so this might be next on my reading list.
Bite Me: A Love Story, by Christopher Moore
This one looks really good - it has a wacky tone, which I could tell just from the flap, and the plot seems utterly ridiculous and funny. 

So that's what I've got - what I've added to what I've got - this week.
What've you got?

5 comments:

  1. Just from the cover alone Bite Me looks fun! Have a great reading week!
    Mine is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, but I heard The Summer I Turned Pretty was pretty good. Hope you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher Moore is fantastic. He's so funny. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @A.J. - The Summer I Turned Pretty is pretty good! I reviewed it here: http://readersdialogue.blogspot.com/2010/10/summer-i-turned-pretty.html

    @Nikki and Kelly - Yes, the cover is what hooked me! It looks fun. And I'm glad to hear he is funny - the flap promises a lot of laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! I'd like to check out Jenny Han's reads.

    ReplyDelete