Monday, August 9, 2010

The Week Without Access / In My Mailbox 2

It's been more than a week since I've posted, but I actually read more this week than any week in the past few months! My family finally took a vacation. We rented a bungalow in the Catskills for a week and spent tons of time in the pool, out in the sun, taking walks... It was so great! And since we weren't doing too many activities, and we were just lazing around, I read one book a day! The one problem was that I didn't have internet access up there, so I couldn't post my opinions of the books as I read them. I realized (too late of course) that I should've been writing reviews as I finished the books, or at least jotting down a few thoughts about them, so I could write a full review when I got back to the city. But I didn't do that. And now I have five books to review, and while they're all very different, it's going to be much harder to write individual pieces about each one. I'm being realistic and giving myself more than just today to write all the reviews, to give myself enough time to focus on each book on its own and sort of get back into the story so I can remember what I liked or didn't like about each one.

Another thing that got messed up because of this vacation was Diana Wynne Jones Week. Remember Jenny's Books' "challenge" to read and review DWJ books the week of August 1 - August 7? Well, I didn't get a chance to pick up my books before we left, so aside from not being able to review the books because I couldn't get online, I couldn't even read the books! But I've got a whole bunch of books on hold at the library, some I've read and some I haven't, so I'll read and blog about them this week and next instead! Never too late, right?

OK, so I missed last week's In My Mailbox, and I'm a little late for this week's - but didn't we just say it's never too late?? I only added three books to my shelf , all of which I read over the week. I tend to do that - read the most recent additions to my library while books I got before but didn't get a chance to read get pushed to the bottom of the pile. So here are the three books:

(In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.)

Nowhere to Run  by Suzanne Brockmann - "double-feature" romance
Chasing Orion by Kathryn Lasky - Middle Grade Historical Fiction
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen - Young Adult

Later today, I'll go to the library and pick up more books. Should I post them this week or wait for next Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment