Monday, August 9, 2010

In My Mailbox 3

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

Earlier this morning, I posted the books I'd gotten before last week Sunday. But if I wait for next Sunday to post again, I'll have over a dozen books to list! Because since I was gone for a week, this afternoon I picked up 10 books from the library. The maximum number of holds per card in my neighborhood library is 10, so I usually have 10 books on hold. Thing is, I usually pick up each one as it comes in and put another on the list, so I get two or three books at a time that way. Over the past week, all 10 books came in (unusual in and of itself) and sat waiting until I got back from vacation. So now that I checked them out, here goes:

The Diana Wynne Jones books I intended to read last week. Some I've read already, some are new to me (all old in terms of release!).

Dogsbody
Fire and Hemlock
The Power of Three
Howl's Moving Castle
Castle in the Air

Three Judith McNaught books:
Once and Always
Every Breath You Take
Someone to Watch Over Me

Stay by Allie Larkin
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Add these to my ever-growing pile of to-be-reads and I have a grand total of 16 books waiting! Let's see if I can finish all these before the semester starts, because with a course-load of 19 credits plus a part-time job, I doubt I'll be having a lot of time for pleasure-reading. Though I've learned from experience to make time for relaxing reading or risk going insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment