Friday, August 20, 2010

In My Mailbox 4

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren, where bloggers post any new books they bought, received, borrowed, etc.

This week was a week of firsts!

I finally got around to buying books and building my own library. While we were on vacation in Williamsburg, Virginia, my friends and I headed into a store called "Books-A-Million." With a name like that, who could resist? Well, their setup is just amazing - so clear, everything easy to find... And the part I liked best, at the front they had books for $3.97! Now, my main obstacle to buying books is that I can't really afford them, but at that price?! So I bought two!

The Richest Season, by Maryann McFadden
Summer Blowout, by Claire Cook


 I also got my first ARC! A few months ago, I came across a post on Robin McKinley's blog saying that if you want to get an ARC of Pegasus, email her editor at Penguin. So I did, but when I didn't hear back, I figured I wasn't going to get one. But when I came back home yesterday, I found a big envelope waiting for me - with the ARC of Pegasus!

Pegasus, by Robin McKinley

And then, of course, some books from the library:
My Name Is Memory, by Ann Brashares
Perfect, by Judith McNaught (which I've read before, a few times - it's worth re-reading again and again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment