Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beginning!

Hi!

Have you ever heard of the concept that readers actually keep a running dialogue with the books they're reading? Teachers are taught that in order to help their students understand more of their texts, they should be taught to maximize on the interactions already taking place in their minds with the texts as they read. After I learned about the various methods for doing this, I began noticing how I "talk" to the author, the characters, or the book in general as I read. I began taking note of what kind of interactions there are, and I've decided to share some of them with you in this blog.

Generally, I'm going to keep my comments to evaluations of the books. These are thoughts that I had while reading, as well as thoughts that occurred to me after I finished the books. The exact format of the posts will probably change as I get used to blogging and figure out what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment